You should know that in some states, primary stroke centers can become certified through other agencies outside of the Joint Commission. For instance, some states offer certification through the Department of Health (DOH). For this reason, when a given hospital does not show up on the Joint Commission's updated list of primary stroke centers, check with your state's DOH to see if they offer alternate ways of certification.
Here a list of Joint Commission-certified hospitals in each state, listed in alphabetical order. As of April 4th, 2008, this list includes a total of 455 organizations and 620 hospitals around the United States.
For the most up-to-date list of stroke centers in your state, go to the Joint Commission's website.
Alabama Stroke Centers:
- Decatur General Hospital
- Huntsville Hospital
- University of South Alabama Medical Center
Alaska Stroke Centers:
- Alaska Regional Hospital
Arizona Stroke Centers:
- John C. Lincoln
- Mayo Clinic Hospital
- St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center
Arkansas Stroke Centers:
- Baptist Health Medical Center
- Sparks Regional Medical Center
California Stroke Centers:
- Alta Bates Summit Medical Center
- Alvarado Hospital, California Pacific Medical Center
- CHW Dominican Hospital
- El Camino Hospital
- Good Samaritan Hospital (San Jose)
- John Muir Medical Center- Concord Campus
- John Muir Medical Center- Walnut Creek Campus
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital � Redwood City
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - San Francisco
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa Clara Medical Center
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital - South Sacramento
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital � Walnut Creek
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital �Sacramento/Roseville
- Kaiser Foundation Hospital-Santa Teresa
- Los Alamitos Medical Center
- Mercy General Hospital
- Mercy San Juan Medical Center
- Mills-Peninsula Health Services
- Mission Hospital Regional Medical Center\
- O'Connor Hospital
- Regional Medical Center of San Jose
- San Francisco General Hospital Medical Center
- Santa Clara Valley Medical Center
- Scripps Green Hospital
- Scripps Memorial Hospital-Encinitas
- Seton Medical Center - Daly City
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital
- Shasta Regional Medical Center
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics
- Tri-City Medical Center
- UCLA Medical Center
- UCSF Medical Center
- University of California San Diego Medical Center-La Jolla
- University of California, Irvine Medical Center
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center
- Washington Hospital Healthcare System
- Woodland Memorial Hospital
Colorado Stroke Centers
- Centura Health - Littleton Adventist Hospital
- Exempla Lutheran Medical Center
- Parkview Medical Center
- St. Anthony Hospitals
- St. Mary Corwin Medical Center
- Swedish Medical Center
Connecticut Stroke Centers
- Bridgeport Hospital
- Greenwich Hospital
- Hartford Hospital
- Lawrence and Memorial Hospital
- Middlesex Hospital
- Norwalk Hospital
- St. Vincent's Medical Center
- The Danbury Hospital
- Yale - New Haven Hospital
- None Listed
District of Columbia Stroke Centers
- MedStar Georgetown University Medical Center
- The George Washington University Hospital
- Washington Hospital Center
Florida Stroke Centers
- Aventura Hospital and Medical Center
- Baptist Hospital, Inc.
- Baptist Medical Center/Wolfson Children�s Hospital
- Bay Medical Center
- Bayfront Medical Center Primary Stroke Center
- Bethesda Memorial Hospital, Inc.
- Blake Medical Center
- Brandon Regional Hospital
- Broward General Medical Center
- Cape Canaveral Hospital Primary Stroke Center
- Capital Regional Medical Center, Inc.
- Central Florida Regional Hospital
- Charlotte Regional Medical Center
- Columbia Hospital
- Community Hospital
- Delray Medical Center, Inc.
- Doctors Hospital of Sarasota
- Edward White Hospital
- Fawcett Memorial Hospital
- Flagler Hospital, Inc.
- Florida Hospital Memorial System
- Florida Medical Center, Ltd
- Gulf Coast Medical Center
- Halifax Medical Center
- Holmes Regional Medical Center, Inc.
- Holy Cross Hospital Ministries
- Indian River Memorial Hospital, Inc.
- JFK Medical Center
- Jupiter Medical Center
- Kendall Regional Medical Center
- Largo Medical Center
- Lawnwood Regional Medical Center and Heart Institute
- Lee Memorial Health System
- Leesburg Regional Medical Center, Inc.
- Manatee Memorial Hospital
- Martin Memorial Medical Center, Inc.
- Mease Health Care - Morton Plant Hospital
- Mease Health Care - Morton Plant North Bay
- Memorial Healthcare Group, Inc.
- Memorial Hospital West
- Memorial Regional Hospital
- Morton Plant Hospital Association
- Munroe Regional Medical Center
- North Broward Medical Center
- Northside Hospital and Tampa Bay Heart Institute
- Northwest Medical Center
- Oak Hill Hospital
- Osceola Regional Medical Center
- Palms of Pasadena Hospital
- Parrish Medical Center (North Brevard County Hospital District)
- Regional Medical Center Bayonet Point
- Sacred Heart Health System, Inc.
- Sarasota Memorial Hospital
- Seven Rivers Regional Medical Center
- Shands Jacksonville Medical Center
- Southwest Florida Regional Medical Center
- St. Anthony's Heath Care
- St. Joseph's Hosptial, Inc.
- St. Lucie Medical Center
- St. Luke's Hospital
- St. Petersburg General Hospital Primary Stroke Center FL
- Tallahassee Memorial HealthCare, Inc.
- Tampa General Hospital
- West Florida Regional Medical Center, Inc
- Westside Regional Medical Center
- Winter Haven Hospital, Inc.
- Wuesthoff Medical Center - Melbourne
- Wuesthoff Medical Center - Rockledge
Georgia Stroke Centers
- Atlanta Medical Center
- DeKalb Medical Center
- Doctors Hospital of Augusta
- Emory Eastside Medical Center
- Emory University Hospital
- Floyd Healthcare Management, Inc.
- Grady Health System
- Gwinnett Hospital System, Inc.
- Habersham County Medical Center
- Hamilton Medical Center
- MCG Health, Inc.
- Memorial Health University Medical Center
- North Fulton Medical Center
- Piedmont Hospital, Inc.
- St. Francis Hospital, Inc.
- St. Joseph's/Candler Health System
- St. Mary's Health Care System, Inc.
- The Medical Center, Inc.
Hawaii Stroke Centers
- The Queens Medical Center
Idaho Stroke Centers
- St. Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
Joint Commission's The Joint Commission's website.